Wednesday, October 29, 2008

JACKPOT!!!!

No, we did not win the lottery, allthough I definately feel like I did:):) Two nights ago, when I went into Austin's room for his usual 4 am wake up, I decided to stick the pacifier back in his mouth, pat him 4 or 5 times and he went right back to sleep. About 45 minutes later when he started stirring again, I repeated this maneuver and same thing, he was back out within 5 seconds. The next time I heard from him it was 6:00 am!!!! He had slept from 10:30-6, a whole 7 1/2 hours!!! So I decided to try it out again last night, he ate and went to bed at 10, about 4 am he started to stir and I repeated the steps from the night before. He stirred about 3 times from 4-6, and every time I went in there and gave him a few pats on his back and his pacifier he was out like a light. I literally had to wake him up to eat at 6am, otherwise I think he would still be sleeping!!! I can't believe I didn't try this earlier. I mean he had been sleeping 10-4 since the day we got home from the hospital (which was great, I was definately not complaining after hearing so many 2 hour of sleep stories), so I guess I just kind of got in a routine, but I like this new routine so much better:):) So no, we did not hit the powerball jackpot, but to any previous or current parents out there, this is a close second!!!!

No comments: